What are your speaking programs and what do they cost?
My clients are typically speakers who are serious about taking their skills to the next level. They understand the value of customized coaching and want the learning tailored to their specific needs.
I coach three types of speakers:
- New and Aspiring Speakers: Coaching focuses on the fundamentals of speaking, the proven elements of a good speech, and dynamic delivery techniques. 4 session minimum.
- Occasional and Frequent Speakers: Coaching is geared to speakers who want better results from and/or help with new presentations. Coaching includes co-writing and editing, engaging the audience, and effective delivery skills.
- High Stakes Presenters: These are highly motivated speakers such as executives, experts, authors, TED speakers, performers, and professional speakers. The focus is on preparing them for important presentations and includes co-writing and editing a new or existing script, advanced speaking skills, and rehearsing.
Other coaching services:
- Translating your live keynote to a virtual presentation.
- Adapting your delivery for new and larger audiences.
- 2-3 ‘Booster’ sessions for returning clients.
- Ongoing coaching.
What does coaching cost?
- $250 to $275/hour for individuals and sole proprietors.
- $300/hr for non-profit organizations.
- $350/hr for company-sponsored speakers.
- Flat rate available for TED talks and keynotes.
- Special pricing for returning clients.
- Ongoing coaching available for a monthly fee.
After I learn about your goals, skills, and experience, I’ll recommend our best approach.
Note: During COVID-19 all coaching sessions are virtual.
To discuss which customized program is the best fit for you, schedule your free 15-minute phone consultation.
How do you coach TED speakers?
It’s exciting to be selected to speak at a TED event. But speaking on the TED stage is no walk in the park. For starters, you must cover one big idea in 12-18 minutes. You need powerful stories, vulnerability, and humor. And, if you are used to slide-driven presentations, a narrative-driven presentation will be a very different experience.
I help you build the skills to succeed on the TED stage. My specialty is choreographing the flow and emotion of TED talks so that audiences are transformed by what they hear.
The coaching process starts two to six months before the event and typically includes writing, delivering, and rehearsing your talk. Coaching packages range from mastering basic TED skills to developing pinnacle presentations that draw thousands, even millions, of online viewers. I work with TED speakers around the world, both virtually and in person.
Can you help me be accepted to speak at a TED event?
I frequently work with TED applicants on selecting events to apply to as well as help them with their applications, audition videos, and testimonials. However, I am not a member of the selection committees and can’t guarantee you will be invited to speak.
Can I work with you for a single session?
Single sessions are reserved for clients who have successfully completed at least one coaching package. I call this format a “booster session” because it reinforces speakers’ skills and strengthens their presentations.
What happens during the free 15-minute phone consultation?
First, I learn about you and what you want to accomplish. Then I ask about your speaking skills and experience. I will also answer questions you have about working with me. If it seems like we have a good fit, I may recommend a coaching package. Then we determine our next steps, which may include you completing a questionnaire.
What kinds of media training do you offer?
Frequently speakers request help with preparing for broadcast interviews or videos. I offer coaching to develop a strong on-camera presence, scriptwriting, and if requested, on-site support on production day.
Do you write scripts for speakers?
When I work with a speaker, we usually produce a final script. However, we co-write it. This is how I ensure that the speaker’s voice comes through in every word. I also do light and heavy editing and several rounds of revisions.
How many sessions does it take to develop a new speech?
How long it takes depends on three things: 1) your speech writing experience 2) how well your main points are developed and 3) how much collaborating we do on the script. I recommend that speakers who want to write a new talk begin working on it at least 3 months prior to their event.